Sunday, April 28, 2013

Toddler Harlow!

Around the time Harlow turned 11 months old, I noticed a dramatic change. She suddenly seemed like a little girl, not so much like a little baby anymore. She suddenly seemed to understand everything I would say to her, her mannerisms seemed older and I felt like overnight my baby turned into a toddler.
Along with her understanding things more and acting grown up, she also has learned to show me her assertiveness in the form of temper tantrums ;) If she is holding something, anything, and you take it away for one reason or another, it's full meltdown mode! Lol. The latest of the odd things she likes to hold and never let go of, are empty travel size juice bottles. For some reason she loves them and will hold on for dear life. She has held one from 9am until 4pm before while we've been out and about. I looked in the rear view mirror while driving home from Birmingham one day and saw my little angel asleep in her carseat, still holding on to that juice bottle :)
She also has finally adopted a 'lovey': her bunny! She likes to nap with it under one arm and whenever I hold her and give her bunny, she smiles, grabs bunny, and rests her head on it. She gets a kick out of mommy giving bunny a kiss and it's been sweet to watch her grow fond of something that she enjoys to love and cuddle (besides mommy and daddy)!
She's now 12.5 months old and is standing great on her own and cruising around furniture. She's not walking quite yet but she sure takes off with her walking toys :) I'm sure my new little toddler will be walking on her own any day now.










No comments:

Post a Comment