Saturday, March 23, 2013

We're Expecting...

Baby number 3!!! I have wanted to post on here since the beginning, but we weren't ready to share the news with the world until recently. I am currently almost 15 weeks along.
We found out Harlow was going to be a big sister at the beginning of January when Harlow was just turning 9 months old. My first prenatal appointment was later than I have ever had one before- 9 weeks, but baby was measuring exactly on time and given a due date of September 17, 2013.
It's crazy how different a pregnancy is after you already have a baby at home. With Lyla and with Harlow, I had so much time to think about them and their impending arrival. I had time to notice every pregnancy symptom, everything changing, every wave of feeling and emotion, every thought... I had all the time and mental space to dedicate to thinking about them and getting to know them before they were here. This time... I spend so much time and mental space caring and thinking about Harlow and her milestones and phases, that many days I forget I'm pregnant again. It's crazy just how different the entire experience is when you have a small child at home with you.
I am however, reminded that I'm pregnant, by the overwhelming sickness I've had this pregnancy. I was not sick at all with Lyla. And with Harlow I was sick about 2 weeks, weeks 7-9. This time around it was really bad for 3 weeks and it's carried on into the 2nd trimester. I don't know if it just has to do with a different pregnancy (possibly a boy?) or if it's a combination of pregnancy hormones and the already worn out days I sometimes have keeping up with a now almost 1 year old. I definitely am exhausted at the end of the day- another thing that is increased when pregnant and having a baby at home. The normal pregnancy fatigue has nothing on this. When you're pregnant with your first, or in my case, my first and second, if you are sick to your stomach and feel like you're going to throw up, you can lay in bed, and catch up on much needed sleep... This time around, sleeping and laying around with a blankie is not an option. So maybe that's contributed to my sickness as well, who knows!






No comments:

Post a Comment