Saturday, March 2, 2013

Finding Lyla

Many days my daughter is just memory for me and those who loved her. I rely on my memories of carrying her and holding her for the first time to make me feel close to her again.
It's nice to go through her keepsake box and relive that time in our lives when we prayed endlessly over our daughter, hoping a miracle would happen. I held out so much hope and had so much faith it amazes me when I look back on it. I was truely in God's arms through that entire journey. All I have are those feelings, memories, songs and photos to take me back to that time and remember her while she was with us on earth.
Then there are certain days I feel far away from her. I don't know if it's because I've been disconnected from life in general, or if its just the simple but sad fact that life goes on. But I have felt like I've been trying to find her and connect with her again. When these feelings come, God never ceases to amaze me and send me something to calm my spirit.
That's when I came across this picture. I instantly felt flooded with emotion and really just began to cry. I feel Lyla and God's love. I'm not sure if anyone is as moved by this photo as me, because I'm her mom. But I just see Lyla. And it comforts my heart. Thank you God for these gentle comforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment