Friday, March 9, 2012

My Dad's Service 02.25.12

We flew home 2 days later and had my dad's service that following weekend. So many people came, the sanctuary was packed out and we heard there were even some people standing in the back. He had so many friends! He made friends everywhere he went. The service turned out amazing and my dad would have definitely loved it. We had a slideshow put together and used index cards for people to share a thought or memory, and we used those to put in an album as the 'guest book'.  Me, my mom and Michelle were laughing so much while going through the 'guest book' cards and the online obituary board: different companies and businesses were writing in about my dad and whenever my dad when come in to the hot dog place, the feed store, the appliance store etc. He touched so many lives and is so memorable. He loved meeting people and making new friends.



1 comment:

  1. Your dad was just purely amazing! I so wish I could have been there to celebrate his life with all of you! It sounds like it was exactly how he would have wanted it to be! He is not the type of person that you meet very often, he is truly a special person unlike anyone else I have ever met and I am so glad I got to have him in my life for such a short time and even more blessed I was able to talk to him and see him for those few minutes on Feb 3. I will cherish that last hand hold and his little joke about getting up if he could. No matter what the situation he would ALWAYS have his signature smile on his face lighting up any room!

    ReplyDelete