Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Finishing the Nursery

For the past 4 months or so, I've been on hyper-drive mentally. I went from focusing all my energy on this pregnancy and being scared something was going to go wrong.... to focusing all of my energy on my dad and his health. My dad was a distraction for a big part of this pregnancy and allowed the time to fly by. I blindly breezed through the weeks and before I knew it I was in my 3rd trimester. After his service and coming back to Alabama, I finally looked at the calendar at where I was in life and what part of it I was to resume... I was almost 34 weeks. Just 3 weeks away from being considered full term.
It felt weird going from worrying about my dad, to worrying about preparing for Harlow all within 1 day. From one emotionally exhausting thing to another. Later I would figure out that I needed to actually feel my emotions and work through them, instead of pushing them under the rug, which I realized I had been doing for months. 
I went into nesting mode and made list after list as a way to organize all that needed to get done. From packing hospital bags, to making the hospital bag list, to finishing her nursery and buying all the last minute things we needed for her arrival that we hadn't gotten at the baby shower or by my mom. 
I am proud to say, the nursery is done! Besides some frames for one of the blank walls that we plan to put some newborn pictures in, it is fully ready for her arrival and all we need is her to put in it!











3 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!! You, H, the nursery everything! XOXO so excited for her to arrive she's going to love what you did with the place ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adorable - she's a blessed baby already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're nursery is precious!! I miss you so much but I have been keeping up with you through your blog and fb! My prayers are with you and your family always! love you
    Rachel RAd

    ReplyDelete