Tuesday, August 27, 2013

3 Days Until We Meet Our Boy!

I'm a little behind in updating about this pregnancy with Hawkins. I missed writing about last week's appointment, so I'll just put it all together here. 
Last Monday and Thursday, he failed the BPP's because of not practicing breathing again, and so we had to get on the monitor for the NST. He did great as usual :) I'm getting used to him doing the  same thing every time... He will do everything besides practice breathing, so we end up spending 20 minutes on the monitor, with Harlow hanging out on my belly with me, wanting to be in the know. By hanging out, I mean rolling around, standing up, sitting down, laying down, tapping my belly and playing with the monitors ;) Funny thing, is that her little brother always starts to move around a lot and he has his best heart accelerations while she's 'playing' with him. 
Harlow has gotten so used to these bi-weekly appointments and tests that she starts to help the techs and nurses by getting a tissue to wipe all the gel off of my belly :) 
Last week, Dr. Davis scheduled me for an induction for this week, because today I turned 37 weeks. Unfortunately he won't be the attending doctor in Labor & Delivery until later into September. Which I was so bummed about because I would have loved to have him deliver Hawkins. We got some measurements taken again, and he's still below the 5th%. His head and legs were measuring 3 weeks behind and his abdomen was measuring 7 weeks behind. 
Yesterday was our last appointment and BPP, which made me so sad. Adam got to come to this appointment, so it was really nice to be able to watch the entire ultrasound and BPP without getting drinks and snacks for Harlow. It made for a nice last appointment and last ultrasound. I can't believe the end is finally here and by the end of this week we're going to have another baby! After a month of panic and expecting him to have to be emergency delivered, I suddenly feel like I'm not ready for him to be here, even though I've been 'expecting' him for a month. 
We have to be at UAB at 5pm on Thursday to start the induction. So I'm expecting him to come sometime on Friday, 8/30/13! 

No comments:

Post a Comment