Friday, October 21, 2011

Finding a way to fully 'Enjoy'

This pregnancy has been both super joyful and exciting, but also has caused me a lot of anxiety that I normally don't have. Because I have 'been there', and know that a number of things can go wrong, it's been hard for me to truly let go and enjoy being pregnant. Some days I push this pregnancy to the back of my head and 'pretend I'm not pregnant'. Meaning, I just try to act normal, however that is at the time, and try not to think about anything pregnancy related that will freak me out. And other days I am in total baby mode: I start thinking about the nursery, boy and girl names, the idea of registering again and how that will feel after completing a registry with Lyla (in which the account stayed stagnant with nobody buying anything off of it, a constant reminder that we weren't going to bring her home).
As soon as I get excited and think about the future with this baby, it scares me into thinking I'm planning too much ahead of time. I have heard it is extremely difficult navigating another pregnancy after such a loss, and they weren't kidding. I am excited to register and plan for this baby. I had such an urge to nest with Lyla, but my hands were tied in doing so. I planned for her. I created an entire nursery and belongings to register her for. But none of it got bought. None of it got put together. And none of it was able to be brought into our home and labeled 'Hers'. I have pent up nesting energy that I cannot wait to be able to get out of me, and pour into Lyla's siblings arrival.
I am trying my best to push my anxiety away and give it to God. I need to start letting myself just enjoy this pregnancy, and not let the worry creep its way back into my thoughts. One of the many things Lyla had taught me, was how to enjoy and love fully in the moment and not waste any time. No matter what happens with my baby and baby's to come, whether its good or bad, I have the time I have with them, whether its just a few moments, or a lifetime, and I need to savor each of these moments I'm having with this little one, regardless of not knowing the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment