Wednesday, August 29, 2012

California Trip- Nor*Cal

At the end of July we took a trip home to California for almost 2 weeks to see friends and family and let everyone see Harlow. I was so excited to be back on the West Coast... especially during summertime where the weather there is perfect, and the weather here is almost unbearable. It took us 3 flights before we finally landed on California soil. Birmingham---->Dallas----> Albuquerque---->Oakland. Harlow did amazing which did not surprise me considering she has a jet setter mommy :) I took 8 flights between Alabama and California while I was pregnant with her, so I can't help but wonder if that got her used to some of the flying and changes of cabin pressure.
We landed in Oakland on a Wednesday evening and were in the Bay Area for a week, which did not even seem like enough time given all the things to do and all the people I wanted to see. Because my mom just has her Camero, which is small and beyond uncomfortable for any adult in the back, there was no way Harlow's infant car-seat and base was going to fit back there safely. We rented a car which caused a huge issue in the beginning. Needless to say, around 10pm that night and being at the rental car place for 3 hours, we had to call my cousin Ryan and his wife Marcie to come and pick us up. Harlow didn't get to bed our first night there until close to midnight! Thursday, our first day home, which I had planned to spend hanging out by the pool was spent at the rental car place actually getting our rental car, which had another issue happen, which finally was resolved when we went back there Friday! So our trip didn't seem to start until Saturday, when we had our Covalt Family party.
 Mommy&Harlow with cousin Jessica&Xavier
 Harlow with her Auntie Michelle
 The cousins! Well... probably 1/4th of them :)
 Marcie & Harlow
 Harlow or little Bee!
My sister Michelle and her girls Taylor&Emily
 Cousin Ryan & his youngest Kassidy
 My nephew Jacob
Pool day with mommy&daddy

The remainder of our trip in Nor*Cal was spent visiting with whoever we could. We got to visit with my cousin Ryan and Marcie some more which was awesome. I miss them so much so it was nice being able to get together again with my Jordanian brother :)
 Harlow with her cousin Kennedy
 Harlow with cousin's Ryan & Kassidy
Harlow with cousin's Marcie & Mason

We swung by Lauren's condo on our way from Ryan's and got greeted to some adorable Raiders clothes from her Aunt Lauren! Harlow's going to be wearing them a lot this football season!
 Harlow with Aunt Lauren
Mommy, Harlow and Lauren

One of my best friend's Christina was able to fit us in her crazy work schedule and came by to see us one morning!!
 Checking out her Aunt Christina :)
Finally getting to meet the Aunt that got her so many things before she was even born!

My Best Friend Casey did some major traveling this summer. Flying from New York to LAX, up to Alaska for her brother's wedding, back to Long Beach, then up to Nor*Cal to order her wedding dress, back down to OC and then finally back to New York with her fiance Bobby. Luckily our trips overlapped by one day in Nor*Cal and we were able to hangout for the day. We went to Broadway Plaza to walk around and get some lunch. The day just went by too fast :(
Auntie Casey loving her little H

 Harlow with Casey
 Harlow & mommy with her bestie
One day we'll be back together :)

1 comment:

  1. aww Lovey I am SOOOOO glad and grateful our trips overlapped by a day! It was so good to meet H and spend time with my bestie! I miss you SO much and I know one day we WILL be back together FOR GOOD and that will the best day ever! I love you!!! <3

    ReplyDelete